CARBINE 2 | ADVANCED TACTICAL DEFENSE, AUG 18, 2018, Range 2-1
This class is a continuation from our CARBINE 1 class, It involves advanced shooting techniques and positions. Let's just say it's our get in the dirt with your rifle class. Bring your elbow and knee pads as required. During this class, students will shoot from a variety of shooting positions, including the unorthodox. there will be extensive transitions between long gun and handgun. LIVE TO TRAIN, TRAIN TO LIVE…. AND ALWAYS SHOOT TO WIN!
COURSE LENGTH: 1-Day course 8:00A – 4:00P
Range fees of $16 are the responsibility of the student, and can be paid directly to your Instructor on range day.
COURSE OPEN TO: You must have successfully completed a Handgun or CCW class taught by us. We will consider substitution on a case by case basis. The could include having verifiable IDPA, USPSA or 3-gun completion experience or training with nationally recognized instructors. We have to be familiar with their class curriculum!
Items Covered in This Course
- MALFUNCTION CLEARANCE
- WEAPON TRANSITIONS
- SHOOT - NO SHOOT SCENARIOS
- APPLICATION OF RELATIVE ACCURACY PRINCIPALS FROM 0 TO 200 YARDS
- UNORTHODOX SHOOTING POSITION
- ROOM CLEARING
- USE OF COVER
- REACTIVE STEEL TARGETS
- OPTICS AND IRONS, WHEN, WHY AND HOW TO DECIDE
- RIFLE SETUP
- ARMOR OPTIONS
GEAR & OTHER ITEMS
Students should bring the following items to this course.
- A note pad and pen
- Drinks, snacks and lunch (lots of water ... we will break for lunch - there is not much by way of food available; you're better off bringing something for lunch)
- Eye & ear protection
- Handgun, extra mags, 200 rounds, holster
- 250 - 500 rds (depends on your preference) of factory FMJ practice ammo. (no tracers or green tip steel core ammo)
- A weapon sling
- Elbow and Knee Pads
- A hat
- 3 or more magazines for carbines with removable magazines
- Mag carriers, Dump Bags or pockets for your mags
- Gun cleaning kit
- Sunscreen or Rain Gear as needed.
- Folding chair
- A great attitude
LOCATION: Sacramento Valley Shooting Center – 15501 Meiss Rd. Sloughhouse, CA 95683
RANGE FEES: Range fees of $16 are the responsibility of the student, and can be paid directly to your Instructor on range day.
The map shown below is for reference only. Often GPS and maps get directions to this facility wrong! Please refer to directions on getting to the range on the SAC VALLEY SHOOTING CENTER website athttp://www.sacvalley.org/contact.html.