HANDGUN 2, REACTIVE SHOOTING , June 1st, 2019 RANGE 2-1
Students taking this class have a good foundational skill set with a handgun, and ready to speed up their shooting. The class is designed to give students the skills needed to operate their pistol proficiently, accurately and quickly. This is a draw and fire course from exposed and concealed conditions. You will get to shoot on multiple targets under time pressure. You will learn how to instinctively diagnose and clear handgun malfunctions. Students will leave this course with a greater level of confidence in their abilities to use their pistol in a defensive situation.
COURSE LENGTH: 1-Day course 8:00A – 4:00P
Range fees of $16 are the responsibility of the student, and can be paid directly to your Instructor on range day.
COURSE OPEN TO: Students that have completed Handgun 1 Foundations or ONE on ONE Firearms CCW class.
Items Covered in This Course
- Setting your bar and how to raise the bar to improve performance with practice.
- Rapid Drawing from the Holster
- Emergency and Tactical Reloading
- Emergency Non-Diagnostic Malfunction Clearing
- Offline Movement and Offline Attack
- Recoil Management for Rapid Follow Up Shots.
- "Relative Precision" techniques
GEAR & OTHER ITEMS
Students should bring the following items to this course.
- A note pad and pen
- Drinks, snacks and lunch
- $16 for the Sac Valley Shooting Center range fee
- A folding chair (for break time on the range)
- The handgun(s) that you intend to shoot with
- At least two functional magazines for each semi-automatic pistol and/or at least one functional speed loader for each revolver - the more, the better
- A strong side, hip holster for each gun - must cover the trigger, and an appropriate belt
- Magazine and/or speed loader holders
- Eye and ear protection
- Ammo - approximately 200rds
- Clothing appropriate for a RAIN or SHINE, outdoor, dirt surface range
- A hat
- A great attitude!!
LOCATION: Sacramento Valley Shooting Center – 15501 Meiss Rd. Sloughhouse, CA 95683
RANGE FEES: Range fees are the responsibility of the student. Non-members of the Folsom Shooting Club - $16 per day
The map shown below is for reference only. Often GPS and maps get directions to this facility wrong! Please refer to directions on getting to the range on the SAC VALLEY SHOOTING CENTER website at http://www.sacvalley.org/contact.html.