HANDGUN - ADVANCED TACTICAL & EXPERT CCW RENEWAL |SEPT 22 & 23, 2018, RANGE 11
This 2-day course will allow students to experience advanced handgun techniques and shooting positions. The focus of the class revolved around scenario-based skill development. What if you get injured and can only shoot one-handed? What if your attacker knocks you to the ground? What about if you get carjacked? Students who successfully complete this class will leave with practical shooting experience in all these scenarios, and more...
COURSE LENGTH: 2-Day course 8:00A – 4:30P each day.
Range fees of $16 per-day are the responsibility of the student, and can be paid directly to your Instructor on range day.
COURSE OPEN TO: You must have successfully completed our Handgun 2 class. We will consider substitution on a case by case basis. The could include having verifiable IDPA, USPSA or 3-gun completion experience or training with nationally recognized instructors. We have to be familiar with their class curriculum!
Items Covered in This Course
- EQUIPMENT SELECTION
- RELOADING (TACTICAL and EMERGENCY)
- MALFUNCTION CLEARANCES
- PRECISION SHOOTING OUT TO 50 YARDS
- RELATIVE ACCURACY CONCEPTS
- GRIP AND STANCE
- ONE-HANDED SHOOTING
- RAPID, SINGLE AND MULTIPLE SHOTS
- MOVING AND SHOOTING
- MULTIPLE TARGET ENGAGEMENT
- SHOOTING FROM COVER
- SHOOT – NO SHOOT DECISIONS
- AMMUNITION SELECTION
- COGNITIVE SHOOTING DRILLS
- OFF LINE MOVEMENT
- POST GUNFIGHT PRIORITIES
GEAR & OTHER ITEMS
Students should bring the following items to this course.
- A note pad and pen
- Drinks, snacks and lunch (lots of water ... we will break for lunch - there is not much by way of food available; you're better off bringing something for lunch)
- Eye & amplified hearing protection
- Your handgun (a backup handgun is recommended too)
- 600 rds FMJ practice ammo
- Concealment holsters what will allow re-holstering
- A hat
- 3 or more magazines
- Mag carriers
- Sunscreen or Rain Gear as needed.
- Folding chair
- A great attitude
LOCATION: Sacramento Valley Shooting Center – 15501 Meiss Rd. Sloughhouse, CA 95683
RANGE FEES: Range fees of $16 per-day are the responsibility of the student, and can be paid directly to your Instructor on range day.
The map shown below is for reference only. Often GPS and maps get directions to this facility wrong! Please refer to directions on getting to the range on the SAC VALLEY SHOOTING CENTER website athttp://www.sacvalley.org/contact.html.