LEVEL 1, HANDGUN FOUNDATIONS / NOV 10 2018, RANGE 5-B
This course is open to anyone, at any skill level, who wants to enhance their skills with a pistol. At ONE on ONE Firearms, we’ve developed a unique system for teaching students the foundational skillsets required to become a better shooter. We will cover everything from gun safety to the laws revolving around owning, carrying and operating firearms, the fundamentals of relative and rapid marksmanship, as well as reloading and malfunction clearing in a SAFE and FUN learning environment!
COURSE LENGTH: 1-Day course 8:00A – 4:00P
Range fees of $16 are the responsibility of the student, and can be paid directly to your Instructor on range day.
COURSE OPEN TO: Open to anyone, at any skill level, and ability.
Items Covered in This Course
- Range Safety
- Gun Storage
- Drawing from the Holster
- Emergency and Tactical Reloading
- Malfunction Clearing
- Transporting Firearms
- Gun Manipulation
- "Relative Precision" techniques
GEAR & OTHER ITEMS
Students should bring the following items to this course.
- A note pad and pen
- Drinks, snacks and lunch
- $14 for the Sac Valley Shooting Center range fee
- A folding chair (for break time on the range)
- The handgun(s) that you intend to shoot with
- At least two functional magazines for each semi-automatic pistol and/or at least one functional speed loader for each revolver - the more, the better
- A strong side, hip holster for each gun - must cover the trigger, and an appropriate belt
- Magazine and/or speed loader holders
- Eye and ear protection
- Ammo - approximately 200rds
- Clothing appropriate for a RAIN or SHINE, outdoor, dirt surface range
- A hat
- A great attitude!
LOCATION: Sacramento Valley Shooting Center – 15501 Meiss Rd. Sloughhouse, CA 95683
RANGE FEES: Range fees of $16 are the responsibility of the student, and can be paid directly to your Instructor on range day.
The map shown below is for reference only. Often GPS and maps get directions to this facility wrong! Please refer to directions on getting to the range on the SAC VALLEY SHOOTING CENTER website at http://www.sacvalley.org/contact.html.