SHOTGUN 1 - TACTICAL DEFENSE | APRIL 27TH, 2019 | RANGE 5-B
COURSE LENGTH: 1-Day course 8:00A – 4:00P
Range fees of $16 are the responsibility of the student, and can be paid directly to your Instructor on range day.
COURSE OPEN TO: Open to anyone, at any skill level, and ability.
Items Covered in This Class:
- Shotgun design, nomenclature, action types and selection for home defense.
- Loading and Unloading
- Reloading (Tactical, Emergency and Select)
- Malfunction clearance
- Patterning your shotgun and choke selection
- Ammunition selection
- Moving and shooting with an long gun
- Multiple target engagement
- Precision shooting with a shotgun
- Use of cover and concealment in your home
GEAR & OTHER ITEMS
Students should bring the following items to this course.
- Pump or Semi-Auto Shotgun, 12 or 20 Ga (If you don't have a shotgun contact us about renting one for class.)
- Range Fee paid to the Folsom Shooting Club
- Eye protection
- Ear protection (I highly recommend electronic hearing protection. Contact me for quality inexpensive recommendations)
- 150 rounds birdshot (#7 - #9 lead target loads), 25 buckshot and 5 slugs appropriate for your shotgun
- Ammo pouch, dump bag, shell caddies or even cargo pants with large pockets etc.
- Comfort items like food, beverages, sunscreen, seasonal clothing, chair etc
- Clothing appropriate for a RAIN or SHINE, outdoor, dirt surface range
- A hat
- A great attitude!
LOCATION: Sacramento Valley Shooting Center – 15501 Meiss Rd. Sloughhouse, CA 95683
The map shown below is for reference only. Often GPS and maps get directions to this facility wrong! Please refer to directions on getting to the range on the SAC VALLEY SHOOTING CENTER website athttp://www.sacvalley.org/contact.html.